The Experts Teach: Training Skills
Buy this eBook or start a free 30-day trial
Bookboon Premium subscription gives access to 800+ educational ebooks
In "The Experts Teach: Training Skills", we bring together 25 articles from the top experts on training and development. They will show you why many organisations fail to get a return on their training investment while others succeed.
The expert authors include Lynda-Ross Vega, who is a partner at Vega Behavioral Consulting, Ltd; Steve Kaye, who is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator; and Kevin Eikenberry, who is a leadership expert and the Chief Potential Officer of The Kevin Eikenberry Group.
If you are a manager, these articles will inspire you to invest in the knowledge and skills of your team. If you are a trainer, they are perfect for helping others learn how to train. If you are a learner, they are quite simply professional game-changers.
In each of “The Experts Teach” series, we’ve gathered together some of the world’s best thinkers to share their ideas with you. Their ideas offer new, refreshing, and insightful ways to look at old themes, allowing you to discover new perspectives, develop your understanding, and change the way you think.
- When the Cat’s Away: Getting Better Frontline Decisions – Without You by Jeff Mowatt
- If Developing Leaders is the Question, Training May Not Be the Answer by Kevin Eikenberry
- You Can Learn Any Skill With Training But You Can’t Learn To Love It! by Lynda-Ross Vega
- The Easiest Way to Learn by Steve Goodier
- The Bonk Approach to Testing by Eric Garner
- Training to Fail by Ravinder Tulsiani
- Successful Change Flows From Learning, Growth, and Development by Jim Clemmer
- Training? Just ASK by George Torok
- Don’t Take My Word For It by David Diamond
- Feedback is an Essential Element of Learning and Improvement by Jim Clemmer
- How Shiny Are Your Goldfish? by Bob Selden
- 6 Ways to Maximize Learning by Steve Kaye
- Keeping Customers When Things Go Wrong: Five keys to Turning Upset Customers into Fans by Jeff Mowatt
- Trainers, Make Me Feel Wanted! by Erica Rowntree
- A Parable of a Child by Steve Goodier
- Training is an Event, Learning is a Process by Kevin Eikenberry
- Why Most Training Fails by Jim Clemmer
- How to Get the Biggest Bang for Your Training Buck by George Torok
- Learning Style – A Misnomer or Useful Business Strategy? by Bob Selden
- Why Leaders Can’t Avoid Learning by Kevin Eikenberry
- Management Training – Myth, Magic or Mayhem? by Bob Selden
- Tea and the Secrets of Staff Retention by Jeff Mowatt
- What’s Your Moment of Learning Need? by Bob Selden
- Growing Others into What They Could Be by Jim Clemmer
- Great Teachers by Steve Goodier